TAZO Puff Pastry is ready-to-bake dough prepared by professional bakers to make your baking easier!
We use high quality BUTTER to make our puff pastry to give it the perfect amount of crispness and lightness.
It is carefully made with layers over layers of flour and butter to give you the ideal texture of a light, puffy & fluffy pastry layer you've always wanted.
How To Use:
1. Defrost the Puff Pastry at room temperature for 2-3 hours in Summers or 4-5 hours in Winters until completely soft. You can also defrost it in the refrigerator overnight before using it the next day.
2. To roll out the dough, lay the dough (as provided) on a flat counter top. Please do not roll it into a ball to maintain the consistency of the layers.
3. Use dry white flour on your work surface and on top of the dough. Simply flatten out the dough with a rolling pin making it thin as desired by the recipe.
4. Always grease your oven tray or use cupcake liners or butter paper before baking.
5. Preheat your oven 15 minutes at 160 Celsius before baking. Bake at for 30 to 35 minutes until the pastry is golden in color. For an Electric oven, bake with both upper and lower grills on. For Gas ovens, only use the lower grill.
6. After placing Puff pastry in oven, don't open the oven door until it is done as it will disturb the cooking process.
Tips for Home Made Chicken Patties -
Quantity: 1 kg Puff Pastry will make 30 to 35 regular size patties
Roll out the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick. First, cut out the top covers of the patties using a sharp cookie or donut cutter. Use the remaining leftover dough for the lower base of the patties.
Always top each of the leftover dough pieces on top of each other and then roll it out again (do not make a ball of the leftover dough). This part of the dough will be perfect for the lower base of the Chicken Patty.
Then place the base on a greased tray, spread with egg wash, and place chicken mixture as desired. Cover all with the tops. Secure it by pressing the top lightly with a smaller size circular cookie cutter. Brush with egg wash.
Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 30-35 minutes until tops are golden brown in color.
Bonus Tip: You can prepare the chicken patties before hand and freeze them for future use. To bake, just take them straight out of the freezer into your oven (no need to defrost) and bake until cooked.
Recommended Storage Puff Pastry Dough: Freezer
Expiry: Up to 6 months